The 400 pound mile

Monday, February 20, 2006

Well I would like to welcome you all to my blog. For those that know me, and those that do not, thank you for taking the time to read through this. This blog is not for pity, nor sympathy. I do not have some disease that made me the way I am, or some evil childhood. Nor am I just big boned. A little over 3 years ago, I weighed 242 pounds. I was active, played basketball and football religiously. Around this same time I was sucked into the world of online gaming. For the next 3 years I played a knight in far away lands, a soldier going through monsters, everything and anything, it was an addiction.

This past January, as a resolution I decided to give up online gaming. I deleted the games off my computer, and as of Feb 20th, I have yet to play or even have a desire to play games.

My weight at this moment is 411 pounds at 38.7 % Bodyfat. I wear a size 48 pants, up from my size 38 of 3 years ago. I have some new goals in life, that do not include getting to level 30 in my games. I am going to the University of Waterloo in 2007, that gives me a year and a half to lose the fat, and get in shape enough to play football there. This blog will be my journal, so I can look back and see how far I have come. I invite you along with me on this path, so you can see that it is not impossible.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger tylersstory said…

    Thanks for the support Jen! This is gonna be one hell of a ride, but Im looking forward to doing it and pull through. Thanks again :)

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sound like you are well on your way to getting this thing moving! Congrats on that! :P

    -Pernicious Person

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I respect the honesty in which you writing your journal.
    I have to hand in my nutrition journal to my trainer and I have to stop myself from cheating.
    H

    Hey just so you know, us little 106 pound chicks get hassled about how much we should lift, eat, run, etc, etc, etc from our trainers too.

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best regards, nice info » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home