The 400 pound mile

Monday, March 20, 2006

10 Pounds Down!


Yep, you read it right. 10 pounds zapped away, bam boom gone seeeee ya!. So after last weeks 2 pound + hiccup I am down 23 pounds in the first month.

So what have I accomplished in the first month?

  • Increased from 1mile bike to 20 miles in one sitting
  • Increased Cardio from 10 minutes to 40 minutes
  • Finished a cycle of stairs. A cycle of stairs is a staircase we have that is 25 stairs high at the gym Run up and down 6 times, 1minute rest, 5 times, 1 minute rest. Continue this until you run up it one time to finish. At start I could only do half of the first 6, a total of 75 stairs. I am now at the full cycle, a total of 525 stairs.
  • Go do cardio instead of the showers after finishing the stairs
  • Cut coffee out of my diet
  • Cut aspartame mostly out of my diet
  • 1 months of only having fried foods 3 times
  • Cut chips out of my diet
  • Fit into an old pair of pants
  • Able to stay awake through the entire day, before starting to work out I was falling asleep around 1:30pm-2:30 pm. Now I stay up right to midnight.
  • Lost my depression I had
  • As a side of the lost depression, I am constantly in a better mood
  • Gained a ton of friends after leaving the computer
  • Gained a ton of friends from blogging on the computer...contradictory I know
  • Cut all juice/beer out of my diet
  • Found a new love for physical activity, I now love going to gym, look forward to it
  • Found a new high that food does not give, the cycling/running high
  • Increased my strength by 30% on the weight (this isn’t typical though, I use to life weights all the time, apparently this is caused my muscle memory)
  • #1 reason. I feel good about myself, that I am finally tackling my life, getting back to what I love, making friends again, and living life again. I might have only lost 23 pounds, but I still have another 180 to go.


I want to thank all of you so far, everyday I come back to read a ton of comments and they keep me going. I know I need to make a post or I will hear from you guys through emails, again thank you, you guys keep me going.

36 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home