The 400 pound mile

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Good Morning everyone


Went to the gym last night around 10, pounded out 8 miles in 30 minutes on the stationary. Than I went and did stairs on a 25 stair flight.

For those that do not know what stairs are, you run up and down stairs 6 times. Thank a 1 minute break, than 5 times. Than a 1 minute break. You repeat this until you are done the last one, if you get there. I am at 3 right now, started at barely doing 5, so almost there. That was tiring as anything though.

After seeying the numerous top 10 lists. I decided to come up with one of my own. So this is the top 10 of things I already feel from my 2 week of lifystyle change.

10. No more Coffee
Due to the meals being spaced out, I am always awake. Therefore I was able to just stop drinking coffee without even trying.

9. Cycling wakes you up.
Worked a 12 hour shift, was exausted, instead of going home, I went to the gym for an hour. When I was done I was fresh and wide awake.

8. The Joy of foog.
I guess fast food/pre packaged food, food on the go does not taste as good as I always thought it did. Even dorritos taste so fake. The food I am eating now is delicious, appealing and I can actually savor it.

7. My legs do not hurt while Im walking anymore
Not talking about the 10-20 mile walks. I am talking about the 2 block walk to the bus that use to send my legs into agony. Now, I can comfortably walk downtown from my house (a 45 minute walk) without pain.

6. More energy through the entire day
I know this sort of ties into coffee one, but I have a ton more energy through the day, able to do more things, and am able to think more clearly.

5. More confidence
I at least know where Im going now, and can work to get there, that is huge.

4. Better moods
As a big guy who is not excersizing, depression is the norm. The excersize high that everyone always talks about is real, you can be on a good mood high all day from a good workout.

3. Better complexion
Guess the reason geeks always are pimply is because they sit there and do nothing all day, so sweat like mad. My entire face has cleard up in a week.

2. Clothes fit more loosely.
Already in a week of excersize and three weeks of dieting, I can wear two shirts that use to be too tight for me, and I am down one belt notch. :)

1. And the number one thing I have noticed...the number one..is I am happy overall, I am enjoying life again, I might still be huge, but I know it can change. I am happy with life.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home