The 400 pound mile

Friday, March 10, 2006

Quiting Smoking


I myself have never smoked, perhaps for those that do and want to quit this will help. As I know somewhat about addicitions (food, gamming) I know every ounce of motivation helps. :)

Btw this was stolen from this blog
http://www.awfulsouls.com/blog/

1. The nervpain will be less obvious and easier to handle.
At least when I’m totally free from the nicotine. But the rest of the chemicals that can be found in tobacco will have an effect on the nervous system, so just to get rid of those to a start will make a difference.
2. My pancrea will most likely get a better chance to heal.
For the same reason as above. Smoking has a stressful effect on the pancrea as well.
3. Less heartburn.
Smoking creates more acid in the stomach and I really do have enough of that as I have.
4. My taste buds will go back to what is normal for any non-smoker.
This will take some exercise, otherwise I will end up gaining a lot of weight. The last time when I managed to stay away from smoking this way I gained nearly 20 lbs, which was darn difficult to get rid of. And it was all because food tasted so damn good….heh
5. That goes for the sense of smell as well.
This is a good thing as long as there are no smokers around me. I know for a fact that I can be a real pain when I feel the smell of smoke, and it has to do with an increased sense of smell.
6. My apetite will increase.
See above…heh This however has to do with a lot of things, not just that food taste and smell better, but also that my body is going back to a natural stage of being healthy and can absorb the good things in food in a better way.
7. I can actually sing when I’m not smoking.
Yawp, I can. When I first found out it surprised me since I had no idea that I had a good singing voice at a grown up age. That will improve after about a month.
8. Even though I’ve been told that the oxygen level in my blood is excellent, it will improve and I will have more energy.
This means that Robin will lose weight because I will chase him around like crazy….lol
9. I won’t smell like an old ashtray anymore.
Just facts.
10. I will save about £4 a week (roughly $7 a week).
Which isn’t a lot of money, but it’ll pile up in the end ;)
11. I don’t have to care about smoking and non smoking areas.
This is something that most smokers are aware of most of the time no matter where we go. And with the smoking ban here in the UK in summer 2007, it will get even more complicated than it is today.
12. I will have a freedom that smoking takes away.
Not sure if this will make much sense…but after being a smoker for 32 years, don’t take for granted that it’s a choice anymore. To me it’s like being a prisoner in a body that’ll crave a poison that it’s gotten use to. It doesn’t mean that it is a pleasure anymore.
13. The risk of developing cancer again will be smaller.
Knock on wood. I’m aware of that my own mom was full of cancer without smoking as much as a cig during her entire life, but I do believe that it won’t hurt not to smoke either. And I sure don’t have to push those limits more than I already have. Having cancer once was more than enough.



My brother is going through quitting smoking at the momment, so I can see how hard it is on some people. So goodluck to all those that are trying, just keep with it!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Christa over @ awfullsouls is a pretty great gal! You will probably really enjoy reading her blog! especially on HNT!::EVILGRIN::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home