The 400 pound mile

Friday, March 24, 2006

Sooo, who wants to Volunteer overseas?



Yep..thats right. I'm going to Brazil or China to volunteer, teach English. I am planning this for early next year. The trip will be for 3 months, or 12 weeks. The company I will be going through is called http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org . Total cost for the trip not including airfare, spending money, visa application will be $4,996 US . I will be doing fundraising through another blog I will be setting up. All donations will be to the company itself , which will issue tax receipts for any and all donations.

This is a description of things I will be doing over there.

In Brazil, volunteers can help to care for infants and children, teach children, teach English, assist teachers, work towards women’s empowerment, share their professional skills/experience, care for the elderly, observe and assist local medical professionals, care for people with disabilities, work with people affected by HIV/AIDS, and assist teachers of special education.


I will be going for either teaching English, assisting teachers, or helping to build homes.

I will be making a new blog as I said for fundraising to work towards reaching this goal. The date I will be going for is Jan 14th 2007, or February 14th 2007.

Anyone have any experience with going to teach english overseas? What should I expect/be ready for?


New motivation to hit my goal sooner :)

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home