The 400 pound mile

Friday, March 03, 2006

Well last night was pretty bad. I messed up my diet with a bag of dorritos, a 6 pack of beer and chineese take out. It was a cheat day, but I didn't go to the gym either. So overall it was a day that my ass will love as it grows a little bit more. So Thom sent an email to me that sort of cheered me up, if you guys havn't yet you should go click on his link on the side and visit him. So this weel has been pretty hard, a pretty huge emotional rollercoaster with some people. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get back on track.

I start classes on Monday, my last few credits I need for highschool. On this subject, I never truly understood how hard it was to go back and finish highschool once you drop out. Its almost like everytime you walk up to the school to finish your credits, it is sitting there staring you in the face telling you you have failed. Than after you are sitting in class, you realise that hey, you are there, you are making this work. So I am there, finishing her up, with a high enough average to get into the nano-engineer course over at Waterloo. So here I am, one year ago a high school drop out, overweight, stuck playing video games 10 hours a day and unemployed, and now a kid almost done highschool, going to University, planning to go to Cairo and Europe this year, quit gamming, working full time and loosing the weight finally. Amazing what a year can do for some people eh?

Had someone else send me an email that said when I am down to look back over the last year for motivation and it works. So I guess my plans for next year are to visit Europe and Cairo, get accepted to University and be at the weight I want.

So for those looking for motivation


March 3rd, 2005

400 Pounds
Addicted to Gaming, playing 6 hours a day
No excersize
No job
High school drop out
No future
No Hope

March 3rd 2006
400 pounds still :p
Quit gamming
Working out 4-5 times a week
Finishing up his diploma
Working towards University for 2007
Planning a trip to Europe and Cairo for Fall 2006

Seems people can change alot. Hopefully next year will be a whole new list of things.
For these things I really need to thank my mom, my dad and Joey. They were the one who really pushed me to change my life and made sure I didn't fall back into bad habits, and I really put them through hell for it. So thanks guys. :)



Now a plug hehe :D
I registered up for blogmad which is a blog exchange service. It is one of the best, and gives a 1-1 ratio which is usually what you get when you Pay other services. As well the blogs listed it in so far are really really really interesting. Sooo, since you guys obviously want to sign up for a service with a 1-1 ratio and help me out with some referals....

Now since it is invite only...all I ask is that you comment here and Ill send you an invite :)

10 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger carrie said…

    doritos are evil because i can't stop eating them once i start.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger prying1 said…

    First time I've seen your blog and I got here through BE - Good luck in your endeavors. Looks like you have gone quite a distance in one year. may the next year carry you even further than you can imagine. -(:-)

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello, Tyler! I need an invite!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger jack said…

    Found your blog by clicking on the "Next Blog" button at the top of the page.

    Don't forget to do some strength training during your workouts. Aerobic work raises your metabolism while you're doing it but resistance work keeps it higher for longer after you've finished.

    Plus, as you develop muscle it burns more calories just sitting there than fat does.

    And if you have to eat Doritos, try the baked ones. It's still not good to eat an entire bag but the baked kind has fewer calories and MUCH less fat.

    Good luck to you.

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tyler,

    I am a stock trader and investor. Trading and investing, in my view, are similar to weight loss. First, you need to be motivated, as you have mentioned. You need to focus your mind and body on your goal. My goal is being a successful trader and investor, and to help my friends and family make good, solid investments. Second, you need to focus your mental power on kicking old habits and forming new ones. For example, I have a friend who was a smoker. To kick his habit, he wore a rubberband on his wrist. He would snap the rubberband as hard as he could each time he wanted a cigarette.

    After reading your blog, I believe you possess the mental strength needed to get your diploma, head off to college, and lose weight. Just stick to your plan, eat healthy, and focus your mind on your goals.

    Our mind is the most important tool available to us.

    -Nick

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Kel said…

    Good for you! Isn't it amazing at how much can change in a year?

    Wishing you lots of luck and offering a cheer of "YOU CAN DO IT!".

    Oh yeah and they really do have booze at Chuck E Cheeses. I about laughed my butt off when I found out they had wine on tap!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    No reason to send me an invitation to BlogMad since I've been signed up for months already :D Just stopping by to say howdy back :D

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jill Homer said…

    Sounds like you are well on your way to success. Congratulations!

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even if you had an off day, you seem to really be getting it together! That takes alot of willpower, and you should be proud of where you are going! Keep it up!

    - Pernicious Person

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello!
    i stumbled on your site through BE.
    listen, here's a heartfelt good luck to you in losing weight. i know how hard it is, i've tried and failed man times, and here i am also about to try again. DON'T GIVE UP!!
    let's lose weight together, k?
    now send me an invite to blogmad! moohahaha!
    ~Cheney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home