The 400 pound mile

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

When the going gets tough. The tough get...


Depending how you finish that sentence, you can really tell you either
a) Know sayings and cliches too well
b) are not motivated enough or
c) are focused on your goals.

Most people finish that with the tough get going. I personally finish with the tough bend there head down and rush right into the thick of things. Working out is hard work, for anyone. Especially it is hard if you are out of shape or overweight. Nothing says pain like trying to get on a cardio machine and having to punish your already tired body to the max right after a hard workout.

So here you are.. sweating.. muscles are sore, on the verge of just dropping..

What do you do?

Do you go home? Hit the showers, admit defeat...

If not. What keeps you going, what do you think of?

Your true goal is whatever you think of at that moment. When your body is about to give out, when you want to go home and hit the showers. At that momment something pops into your head that make you push on. For some it could be a new outfit, a new bikini you have been looking for. For others maybe you just want to stop being stared at, or maybeto look good enough to hit on that girl/guy you like. Still for others it could be athletic goals, to hit the next mile, swim the next lap and climb the next mountain. Everyone needs that one thing they can think of to pull there bodies past there comfort zone. To push to the point where you are changing and becoming healthier. Mine is to become someone who isn't stared at. Who can ride amusement park rides and shop in regular stores. Someone who does not have to worry every time I sit into a chair if it will fit. Mine is to become different and become normal and lead a normal life. A life that is carefree of weight issues.

Another thing that can help all of us is the motivation from our peers. Aside from my goals that keep my going that I listed above, this blog is a major one. This blog is the hand on my back, pushing all the time. I know I have need to come here daily and lay bare for you what I did today. If I failed or succeeded. I want to make sure I succeeded so that I can be proud of it, so I can share it with you.

What is your motivation? What pushes you? Comment with what goes through your head at that moment where your body wants to give up. With what keeps you going from than on. Maybe we can all share and find some new things to strive for.

18 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home