The 400 pound mile

Friday, March 17, 2006

You are what you eat!


So, you push back from the table, shirt on the verge of popping every button it has. You stand up, and...What’s next?

For most people, you go to sleep, lie around on the couch, or maybe go take onto the computer. The people who do this are the same ones who say they do not have time to do any physical activity. I am sure most of us are in this boat, we eat heavy, fattening foods, and we become heavy, fat people. You are what you eat!

Now, this is what a lot of us did before we changed, and began to care. We ate and ate and than ate some more. This can sometimes be fine, I now eat and eat and eat some more but only every 2 hours. The major difference is I am eating salad, protein shakes, tuna wraps, chicken and rice or fish and rice. Food that will keep the hunger down, the energy up, and the motivation going. Not only that, all my meals are 200-300 calories. Any of you who saw my grocery thread a week or two ago will remember my comments regarding the grocery store. That the grocery store is where you will make or break your goals.

I want to sort of reiterate that today. The foods you choose every week, will decide whether you stick to your diet, or you fail. This is the bottom line, plain and simple.

"What about the temptation to eat out Tyler?" people ask.

This can be a big one, and this is where your will power comes in. I personally suck at willpower, so I stopped bringing money with me. For some that is not an option, so stick to really light salads, wraps, pick subway over BK. Diet coke or coke. These are all the obvious ones, but the ones people really falter on. One treat can and usually does turn into 2,3,4,5 and 6 treats. This roller coasters and before you know it, you fell off the wagon and are back at square one.


To make all your meals for the day (6 small ones, 200-300 calories each) should only take anywhere from 10-40 minutes a day. They are small enough to lug around with you (usually fitting in one grocery bag) and you can eat them at the office.

The feeling I mentioned before, you should only feel once, maybe twice a week. The rest of the time you should be energetic, ready to go. If you don't feel energetic off 6 small meals a day, your diet might need some adjusting. As I said a while ago, I gave up coffee after switching to 6 small light meals a day; I just didn't need it anymore.

For those falling off the bandwagon, the diet is the easiest part you can get back on, you buy your own groceries, and you decide what you put in your mouth.

If anyone has any recipes they want to share, email them to me, or leave them here in a comment and I will post them all later.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home