The 400 pound mile

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Need Motivation? Lets go shopping!


I can hear the cringe of thousands of people who are overweight when I say two little words.



Clothes Shopping.


Since the beginning of time, or after someone ate an apple, we have needed clothes. We usually made them ourselves, with some skin from something and life was good. Than we progressed to making some clothes and buying some, mostly life was still good. Than we progressed to buying all our clothes, which is fine, but one size does not fit all.


And when you wear size 48 pants....few sizes fit you at all.

Clothes shopping when you are skinny or a regular size is fun. When you are huge its hell. I have 4 pairs of pants right now, all of them are ripping. There is not much I can do but wait. I have about 15-20 shirts, most of them are skin tight. I know, I know its my fault, but even when you are trying, until you get to size 34-38 life is hell. I can only imagine it is 10 times worse for my female counterparts.

Another problem I face is the cost of pants for me. As a big guy we use alot more fabric. The jeans you get at wallmart for 28$ cost us 80$ at the big and tall store. I'm not overly rich, a poor student, so you can see where this problem comes in. My mom use to have to spend a ton
of cash when she bought clothes when she was big. Ah the cost of being huge.

I hate clothes shopping though. The only store I feel comfortable in is the big and tall shop, anything else and you get stared at as you are going through. Shopping in a regular store is like window shopping. You see all these clothes you want, but you can't get.

I keep a pair of pants from size 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, and the ones I wear now. Like a timeline to my fatness. Hopefully as I lose weight I will be able to fit back into each pair. Such a bigger motivation that a measurement tape, to know that I truly am getting smaller.

Anyone else keep clothes like this to try and fit in after time, to see if they can?

35 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home