The 400 pound mile

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Where to begin

I have come back to that which made me feel good about myself again. Christmas is a time of reflection, and one of looking back on things you have done, and trying to figure out where you went wrong.

Willpower is a funny thing, go to a speech and you can be motivated for a lifetime, a year, a month, a week, a day, or even no more than an hour. What do you do when the motivation runs out? You can continue to find new motivation of course, as much as you can. Eventually though, the same things keep motivating you and than you find that nothing can any longer.

I myself have an addictive personality when it comes to my time. I don't become addicted to chemicals, such as smoking, drugs or drinking. Time sinks seem to addict me though like nothing else can. Games are the perfect time sinks and those seem to be my weakness. The last entry in this blog was made at the same time that I started playing World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft is a beautiful game, made from perfection as Blizzard is known for doing. It is also a time sink. I do not blame the game for any of my undoings, I myself did not have the willpower needed to juggle life and the game as many do.

So I come back to the crossroad. I have gained back the weight I lost, but am motivated to start again. Hopefully with this new sense of knowing of why my motivation failed I will not be motivated by the thought of being motivated any longer.

In the words of one of my favorite persons in the world

GIT-R-DONE

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home